Bout of Books 6.0: Challenge 1

{Click on the banner to be directed to the Bout of Books blog.}  

So I hadn't planned on participating on any challenges because since this is my first BoB, I was afraid to overdo it. However, today's challenge question is too much fun to resist. 

Today's challenge question is hosted by The Book Barbies
Scientific Discovery
You have made a scientific discovery (who knew you were so good at science?!) on how to bring fictional characters to life. The problem? The method still isn't *perfect,* so you can only bring two people to life, and they must return to the land of fiction in 30 days. Who will you choose as your bestie and your love interest for that one splendid month? (Feel free to add pictures if you like, but they are not required.) 
I did say this question was fun, right? But it's also kind of a bitch because I've read so many books with awesome heroes and BFFs that it wasn't easy narrowing it down, lol.

Bestie: So for my new, temporary bestie I chose Merit from the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill. She's smart, sarcastic, knows how to have fun and kick ass, and she's a vampire to boot which is totally cool.  She's the kind of gal that I can totally see myself kicking back, having a beer and laughing with about whatever randomness happens to be going on in our lives at that moment.  She's also been known to be very supportive of her other bestie, Mallory so I know she'd have my back.
Boy Toy: This one was a doozy because let's face it, there are some amazeballs book boyfriends out there.  Finally, after much contemplating, I settled on Drustan from Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.  Dude, he's a highlander!  Yum!  More than that, he's sexy, brooding, funny, good with a sword *snort*, and protective.  I didn't want this book to end, but alas it did and I wished I could crawl into it and live it!





5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get around to the Chicago Vamp series one of these days. I only read Faefever by KMM, but I've heard sooo much about her males that I'm sure you made an excellent choice. Good luck with BofB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the Chicagoland Vampires series (despite having had the first one on Mount TBR for AAAAAGES) - sounds like I should be boosting it up the pile a bit! This Drustan guy sounds HOT; never underestimate the attractions of a man who knows how to use his sword... *coughs, blushes and smirks, all at the same time*

    I know what you mean about this challenge - it really is too good to resist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more on Kiss of the Highlander, that whole series was ah-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must read this Highlander series. Yes, I must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fellow Book Blogger!
    How are you today?
    My name is Millie and I have recently started a book blog named Book Bird Teen Fiction. On my blog, I talk about, review etc Teen/YA fiction. I have created a new reading challenge for the Summer called the Summer Reads Challenge 2013.
    For this challenge, you must read at least 10 books between June 21st and September 22nd (Summer!). After you read the book, you must post a review on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just upload it to your Goodreads account. For every book you read and review during this time, you will have gained one entry into the overall giveaway - prizes to be revealed!
    Full details on how to sign up and rules are found here:
    http://teenagefiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/summer-reads-challenge-2013.html

    I would be very honored if you would join me in this challenge. Please head over to the link and sign up. Also, please share the link to others and encourage them to join as well.
    I hope we can work together in the future and if you have any projects/challenges you would like me to become involved in, just drop me an email and I will do whatever I can to join in!
    Best Wishes
    Book Bird Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison