Guest Blogger: Interview with Rox

Hi gang!!

Every Monday this month, we're going to welcome a Guest Blogger to Book ♥ Soulmates. This week we asked Roxanne from Fang-Tastic Books to join us for a fun Halloween interview.

 
B♥S: Hi Rox! Thanks for joining us here on Book ♥ Soulmates.
RR: Thank you for inviting me to be a guest, I'm happy to be here.

B♥S: So I'm sure you've noticed that Halloween is our favorite holiday since we're all about it around here this month. Would you say that Halloween is your fave holiday too?
RR: Definitely. I have always loved Halloween. I think I get more excited over Halloween than I do Christmas.

B♥S: What is it about Halloween that you love so much?
RR: For one I love all things Fall- apple cider, hay rides, color changing leaves, leaf piles, and that glorious Autumn aroma that lingers in- part crisp fall air, part bonfire, part something sweet. I feel very at home in Autumn (as long as I don't think about the coming winter). Add Halloween into the mix and I feel like a little kid all over again. The excitement of going to Fall festivals and Halloween parties never gets old- nor does planning and searching for the perfect Halloween costume. I shake my head at people who think Halloween is just for kids. I adore it. I think Halloween is the one time of year you can really let your hair down and be whatever you want, either the ultra "real" you that you never let people see or you can step outside your skin and become something, someone else- if only for the day.

B♥S: As far as we're concerned, there are two types of Halloween: classic gothic Halloween and gory, scared-out-of-your-skin Halloween. Which do you prefer and why?
RR: Classic Halloween Gothic all the way. Gory scared out of your skin is all visual gross outs and surprise elements made to scare, which is great for a haunted house attraction but I'm more into classic, slow, mental fear and elegant symbols of Halloween. Black lace and blood red accents, classy jack-o-lanterns and skulls holding candles. Definitely classic Gothic styling for me.

B♥S: What is your favorite Halloween memory of all time?
RR: One memory that instantly pops to mind is when I was in my early twenties and a group of my friends were making the haunted house and haunted hay ride rounds. We had such a blast going to all the local haunts. One night on a hay ride it was so cold we almost froze to death instead of getting scared to death. After the ride we all huddled in my car in a ball trying to warm up- it was a hilarious site I'm sure seeing us all bundled up laughing like we were lunatics. But hey it worked getting us warm. Other fun Halloween memories include planning the annual kid's Halloween party I used to throw for my son every year when he was little. Those were great times.

B♥S: What was your favorite costume as a kid?
RR: My mom made me a ghost costume out of white pillow case and sheet. She did such a fabulous job on it I loved it so much- and it was so much better than those cheap plastic masks and plastic costumes that everyone wore when I was a kid (it was the eighties). I hated those masks that you couldn't see through and they made you all sweaty and the plastic costume was always ripped before the night was over. After my mom made me that ghost I never did plastic or masks again.

B♥S: What costume would you love to wear now if money was not a concern (because we all know how pricey costumes can get)?
RR: I would probably have a custom costume made. I envision a lot of red and black, a corset, a long flowing skirt, and probably some kind of sexy cape or shawl, and some gorgeous jewelry.

B♥S: Fave Halloween icon?
RR: When I think of Halloween I envision black cats with backs arched, grinning jack-o-lanterns and full moons with witches flying around them.

When I think of people that embody the spookiness while holding onto that frightful Gothic elegance I always think of sexy vamp women like Morticia Addams or Elvira; classy, cool, dark and sexy.

B♥S: Fave Halloween candy(ies)?
RR: My husband loves candy corn- I can't stand them. I'm not much for the candy, but I love, love LOVE caramel covered apples smothered in chopped peanuts.

B♥S: Now for a little this or that:
Vampires or Werewolves?
RR: Vampires

B♥S: Witches or Ghosts?
RR:
Witches

B♥S: Bats or spiders?
RR:
Bats

B♥S: Spiderwebs or creepy fog?
RR:
Creepy fog

B♥S: Graveyard or haunted house?
RR:
Haunted house

B♥S: Blood or Slime?
RR:
Blood

B♥S: Moving along...so a little birdie tells us that you're not only a reader of the paranormal, but a writer of it too. What made you decide that you wanted to write your own book?
RR:
I started writing the moment I could hold a pencil in my hand. I was published by the time I was 11. So writing has always been "my thing". I just didn't pursue it as a career until about five years ago. I decided to actually try to go for it and make use of my talents. I've been writing and getting published ever since.

B♥S: Other than our obvious love of all things spooky and supernatural, are there any other reasons you love the paranormal?
RR:
I've just always felt at home with all things different and spooky. I gravitated towards ghost and witch stories as a kid then moved onto vampires when I discovered Anne Rice's books when I was eleven. I guess I'm a natural creature of the night.

B♥S: Tell us a bit about your new book?
RR:
My newest book is titled "A Halloween to Remember" and it's an erotic paranormal romance, heavy on the erotic, some of my stories are softer and more romantic while this one is extremely steamy.

Here's a short blurb for it:
What says Halloween better than a wild party at an old Victorian mansion complete with its own cemetery? Perhaps meeting the man of your dreams thanks to the magic of Halloween.

Adena can’t believe her eyes when she spots Dimitri in the library- he looks like something straight off the cover of a historical romance novel-the type of guy she’s always dreamed of. Too bad he disappears before she has the chance to introduce herself. When she finally spots him again later that night she decides she’s not letting him get away again.

Adena thinks she’s finally found the one. Until she wakes up alone the next morning- in the cemetery.

Halloween magic brought them together but will it be strong enough to keep them together?


B♥S: And how did you come up with your concept/ideas for this book?
RR:
My muse can be kind sometimes by making the ideas automatically flow when I sit down to type. This story however was not one of those moments. I actually started it about three years ago after deciding I wanted to write a sexy story about a Halloween party. It didn't flow so it got shoved into a file and forgotten about. Then one day I found it and my muse must have been in a good mood because she helped me rework the story and it finally flowed into a real story.

B♥S: Would you mind sharing a few lines with us?
RR:
Here's a short little excerpt:
Check this out Adena, here’s a room you are sure to love…the library. Look it even came stocked with some really old books.”

Adena stared at the shelves with utter disbelief, books were so totally her thing and this room was like hitting the freakin’ lottery. Then she spotted something even better, a super hot stud in the corner holding a brandy snifter looking like something straight out of another century…and her wet dreams.

She turned to Chrissy and leaned over to whisper so he didn’t hear her, “Hey who’s the hottie with the body in the corner?” They both looked the way Adena pointed and there was no one there. “Uh, who are you talking about? There’s no one else in here, D.” Adena was flustered, “He was right over there, Chriss. You couldn’t have missed him. He was beautiful, tall- about six five, large but not overly muscle bound, dark curling hair, stunning blue eyes, old fashioned clothes-like one of those poet shirts all ruffley and stuff.”

Chrissy looked disbelieving. “He was right over there, holding a brandy snifter and looking like something straight off the cover of a romance novel.” “D, there is no other way out than the doorway we just came through. He couldn’t have got by us. Plus I haven’t seen anyone fitting that description. Hon, have you been drinking already?” Adena rolled her eyes at Chrissy then looked around the room. She knew there had been a man in here a moment ago and he was gorgeous. Maybe it was just wishful thinking finding the man of her dreams in the room of her fantasies.
B♥S: And finally, when and where can we find your book?
RR:
A Halloween to Remember is available at Excessica.com, Amazon.com and AllRomanceEbooks.com

B♥S: Well, that's all the questions we have for you. Thanks for hanging out with us today :)
RR: Thanks for the invite- I am always happy to take part in a Halloween celebration.

Well that's all for this week's Guest Blogger. Make sure to stop by Rox's page and check out all the PNR awesomeness she's got going on :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as a guest during your Halloween bash. I am always willing to participate in the Halloween haunts.

    This past weekend I put up Halloween lights and decorations in my house. Looking forward to all the spooky fun of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great interview! XD
    Thanks for hosting it!

    And I so totally agree with Roxanne.
    ...Classic, slow, mental fear and elegant symbols of Halloween. are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roxanne. Loved your interview. Your book sounds really good.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roxanne,
    Great interview! I've been a follower of your blog for awhile now and just wanted to pop over and say 'HI'!

    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spooktacular interview! And the book sounds like a perfect read for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I love Halloween--not for the candy, but because of the ambiance. There's nothing better than watching classic horror movies all night while creeping out the neighborhood kids with dry ice and scary music. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by ladies- I'm glad to see so many love Halloween just as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison