Cover Art: Last Sacrifice {Final} by Richelle Mead

Hi guys!

Back in June, I did a random "Waiting on Wednesday" POST in which I told you about how VERY EXCITED I am for the final book in the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. On that post, I included the unofficial cover art for Last Sacrifice.

Well, the OFFICIAL cover has now been released [per Richelle Mead's blog] and here it is:

Scheduled to release December 7, 2010 by Penguin USA.

In the previously released version of the cover, the model was blond. This was a bit confusing because the main characters isn't blond, but her best friend (important secondary character) is...so for a moment there, we thought it was Lissa on the cover. Penguin did some tweaking and this is the final product.

Here's a little extra info:
Sometime next year, Richelle will introduce another series set in the VA world with characters that we already know *woohoo*. For now, it's being referred to as the "the spin-off series," but it will eventually have its own name. So, in short, Vampire Academy is ending...and yet not ending! Rose will have walk-on roles in the next series *woohoo again*, but expect other characters to be the stars. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait to find out the "who, what, and where". She also tells us with absolute certainty that the VA series is not ever going to be retold from Dimitri's point of view. The saga must go forward!



4 comments:

  1. I feel like something is off with her eyebrows on the cover. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think about this for too long or I start freaking out about how far away December is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait. I thought it was a little weird that Lissa was on the cover, but I am glad it is Rose?? I feel like the models always change for her, but I can't be sure! I wonder if Penguin has a countdown for this one so I can put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison